Buttons Textured Tags
BELINDA SPENCER CREATED THESE TWO GORGEOUS TAGS USING DARKROOM DOOR’S BUTTONS TEXTURE STAMP TO CREATE A SHABBY CHIC, VINTAGE LOOK.
Darkroom Door Texture Stamps are perfect for cards, art journals, scrapbooking and mixed media. You can stamp them directly to paper or stamp them into texture paste and gesso to create 3D texture.
Here’s How to Make Hello Baby & Sew Lovely Tag
Materials for both tags:
- Darkroom Door Buttons Texture Stamp
- Darkroom Door Hello Baby Vol 1 Rubber Stamp Set
- Darkroom Door Dressmaker Rubber Stamp Set
- Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Set
- Darkroom Door Plaid Background Stamp
- TIM HOLTZ Distress Spray Stain Picket Fence
- TIM HOLTZ Distress Paint Picket Fence/Spun Sugar
- TIM HOLTZ Distress Stain Picket Fence/Brushed Pewter
- TIM HOLTZ Distress Embossing Ink
- RANGER Inkssentials #8 Size Kraft Tags
- RANGER Non-Stick Craft Mat
- RANGER Mister Bottle
- RANGER Glossy Accents
- RANGER Melt Art UTEE Clear
- RANGER Archival Ink Tree Branch
- STAMPENDOUS Embossing Powder White Detail
Hello Baby Method:
- Add some Spun Sugar and Picket Fence Tim Holtz Distress Paint as well as Brushed Pewter Distress Stain to a Ranger Non-stick Craft Sheet. Spritz with water using a Ranger Mister Bottle. Swipe a #8 Ranger Kraft Tag through the paint to create a marbled effect. Dry with a heat gun. Press the tag back onto the paint to pick up a little more colour. Dry and repeat until you have adequate coverage. Ensure that the tag is COMPLETELY DRY for the next step.
- Apply the Buttons Texture Stamp onto the tag using Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink. Sprinkle over some Detail White Stampendous Embossing Powder and shake off the excess. Heat set with a heat gun. Repeat these steps on another kraft tag or piece of kraft cardstock and fussy cut 5 individual buttons. Colour them with a little diluted Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distress Paint. Dry and then top with Glossy Acents. Allow to dry.
- Apply the Plaid Background Stamp onto a scrap of kraft cardstock using the embossing ink. Heat set with white embossing powder. Tear off a strip and add to the right hand side of the tag.
- Layer a crochet doily over the top of the Plaid stamped piece and secure using a tiny attacher.
- Apply the sweet booties stamp from the Hello Baby Vol 1 stamp set onto kraft cardstock using the embossing ink. Heat set with white embossing powder and swipe through a little diluted Spun Sugar Distress Paint. Cut the booties out and separate. Distress the edges. Add to the tag with a little 3D foam added behind the top bootie.
- Add the fussy cut buttons to the tag along with some real buttons that have been threaded with pink embroidery thread. Add some ribbons to the top of the card.
- Lastly heat emboss your sentiment using white embossing powder onto kraft cardstock. Cut out and add to the tag using 3D foam. Add a little hand stitching to the corners of the tag.
In the other tag Belinda has used a similar style but this time has embossed the Buttons Texture Stamp using a clear embossing powder and added Picket Fence Distress Stain over the top.
Thanks to: Belinda Spencer
Belinda’s Blog: http://happyscrapspace.blogspot.com.au/
and to Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door
Darkroom Door Blog: http://www.darkroomdoor.com/blog/
For more information about the Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo visit the website.