Felt Reading Set Project
QUICK, FUN AND EASY – THIS IS THE PERFECT PROJECT FOR BEGINNERS OR FOR WHEN YOU WANT TO WHIP UP A QUICK GIFT. USE YOUR SCRAPS OF FELT FOR THE APPLIQUÉ AND MAKE IT AS RUSTIC AS YOU LIKE – IT WILL ONLY ADD TO THE CHARM!
by Judy Newman
Materials for Glasses Case and Bookmark
- Grey felt
- Scraps of green, yellow and pink felt
- Six stranded embroidery thread: yellow, pink, green
- Embroidery needle
Click here to download and print the pattern template.
- Print the pattern at actual size. Please note: you may need to increase the size if your glasses are larger.
- Cut one grey piece for the case.
- Cut one 4.5cm-diameter circle of grey felt.
- Cut one 4cm-diameter circle of green felt.
- Cut one 2cm square of yellow felt.
- Cut one 1.5cm square of pink felt.
Using one strand of thread in the colour of your choice (Judy used yellow), stitch the grey circle onto the main piece – using the photograph and pattern for placement – and stitch with visible decorative whipstitches. Using another coloured thread (pink thread), stitch a row of running stitches around the circle.
Centre the green circle on top of the grey circle. Then using running stitch, stitch the green circle onto the grey circle (green thread). Place the yellow square on the green circle then the pink square offset on top and stitch in place with a few straight stitches (in yellow thread) in the centre.
Fold the main piece along the broken line, positioning the A’s together. Starting at B and using two strands of thread, blanket stitch the two edges together until you reach point A, then work a couple of stay stitches to secure the edges together. From A, continue in blanket stitch along a single edge to create the opening until you reach point A again then fasten off.
- Cut one 23cm x 3cm strip of grey felt.
- Cut two 5cm squares of grey felt.
- Using the pattern, cut one green flower shape, one 2.8cm-diameter yellow circle and one 2cm-diameter pink circle.
- Place the green flower shape onto one grey square, and using one strand of thread (Judy used green), whipstitch in place with visible decorative stitching.
Place the yellow circle onto the green flower shape then top it with the pink circle. Work a few straight stitches in the centre (in yellow thread) to hold in place.
Turn the felt square over and place one end of the felt strip against it, and top with the remaining grey felt square. Join the two squares using running stitch (Judy used pink) in a decorative coloured thread. Use the photo for guidance.
Grab your book, retreat to your favourite reading spot and relax!
Please get in touch if you would like to share these posts through your blog. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Once contacted, in most cases we will be happy to give permission for you to use a link directly to this website and ascribe proper credit to IntoCraft. However under no circumstances can you lift or re-post any part of this site to any other website or blog without express prior approval from the IntoCraft team.